My Name is Holly but for the purpose of this blog, you can call me HollyPop.
Im 22 years old and like a lot of women my age like to spend a lot of time thinking, learning, trying new beauty products, skincare solutions and lifestyle type things.
I found this cute little Q&A so you could get to know me a little better.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Unfortunately my hair is neither, its sort of this awkward mix of curly and straight without being beautifully wavey. I generally combat this by straightening the crap out of it and pretending it does no damage whatsoever to my hair…Ooops.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I always dye my hair myself, mostly because I like to experiment and try new products but also because Im a massive control freak and can’t handle someone else doing it. I do however always go to a salon to have it cut – I learnt my lesson from doing it myself quickly.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I desperately wish I could style my hair differently everyday unfortunately with short hair it can be difficult. I try and do it differently but the only person that probably notices is myself as its really not that different.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I love doing my nails! I spend so long trying different colours, techniques and styles and wouldn’t want someone else to get this pleasure. I have occasionally gone to salon for ‘holiday nails’ because they just last longer and who wants all that messing about on holiday? HaHa!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
All the time! Its a real strange quirk of mine, I enjoy trying different colours and creating nail looks to my outfits or mood. Probably every 4 days on average.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I have to have polished toes throughout the year, I feel like beautiful toenails are your little secret that can help you feel a bit more special.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Too long! I tend to watch a lot of youtube whilst I do my make up and really relax and enjoy the process. I find this a stress relief and a way of getting creative and trying out new looks. However if its a day when I have to be out of the house and do grown up things like my job or other commitments I can usually finish it in about 35 minutes!
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I always think doing your face first feels nicer because it creates a blanker canvas for your eye make up however I will sometimes leave blush until after the eyes so the look will tie together a lot nicer.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Ok. Its time for my first confession: “Dear Gods of cosmetics, please forgive me because I have sinned!” I am a complete hoarder/collector/accumulator of make up. I can’t throw it away even if I hate it, I sometimes even struggle to throw away empties in case I need to remember the name at some point. Make up rehab?
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Hardly ever because I just can not do them! But I really need too/would love too learn and be an absolute pro at them!
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Most days. I feel it makes me feel special and more confident.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
If I am home alone having a lazy day with my Guinea Pig and a tub of Ben & Jerrys then No I don’t, I like to give my skin a rest and a chance to ‘breathe’. If I am out with family or seeing my family then yes I will, its nice to make the effort.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Not if I can avoid it, I like the process of putting on make up, for me that is how you start a day!
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I have a few ‘high end’ staples in my collection, mostly palletes and things which you can gain a lot from the price. I do feel strongly that with the quality of drug store/ high street products at the moment it isn’t as necessary to have as many high end products.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
Only for special events or early mornings. Mostly its in the morning so I can have more fun and try things on.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
Now this is a touchy subject! I like to think I don’t have that many handbags but truly I do! I change my handbag often and like to have variations in size, colour and brand. Some girls like shoes, some girls like handbags.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
My sleeping schedule is terrible and something I really need to work on. Average is 2am and awake by around 10am.
18. How often or when do you workout?
Lets skip this question…
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
5’0″ Good things come in small packages as my grandma would say!
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Im embarrassed to say that I can’t. In most countries they encourage a second language however in england it isn’t something they do in schools and I feel thats a real shame.
22. How many pets do you have?
My beautiful Guinea Pig Bramble Bear.
23. How often are you on your Blog?
Well I’m fairly new! But I will try to post everyday.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes Yes Yes! The comments are brilliant!
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Im constantly surrounded by full notepads of products, swatch names and videos to watch for tutorials.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
Its really obvious but it does what it says on the tin!
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Sony Alpha 5000 and occasionally my iPhone.
28. How often do you clean your house?
Everyday. I can’t help it. I like order.
29. What’s your favorite color?
Thats like asking me my favourite food. Its too difficult.
30. Do you swear?
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I plan on writing a new blog post and then getting some sleep. It is 00:37